Monday, October 10, 2011

Chill Out!

Sometimes, when I get stressed or it is hot outside, I get overheated.  Apparently, if the past couple of days have been any indication, I am going to be running into this problem a lot over the next year.  I can only push my sleeves up so far, pull my skirt up so high.  So what can I do to get the quick cool-down?  A couple of useful tricks that I actually began doing about a year ago!  One is pretty obvious--get hair off the neck!  Put it up in a ponytail, sweep it off to the side and over one shoulder, whatever!  The back of the neck is extremely sensitive to coolness, and so it is a quick and easy way to literally chill out.  In addition to getting the hair up, run hands under cool water and place them on the back of the neck.  Rather like touching someone's neck with icy hands, this will make your body feel a lot cooler.


My other technique can be a lot more challenging, and requires not hair ties or cold hands, but a little bit of patience.  Whatever is stressing me out usually seems to increase my body temperature, and forcing myself to relax, breathe, and let everything slip away is a surefire way to lower that temperature.  I have found that this actually also works in hot weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment