Saturday, July 23, 2011

Harry Potter, Yule Ball Style!

Let me preface the following with a little backstory.  Some friends of mine and I decided to see the final Harry Potter movie in costume.  We got together one night, and dressed up in school clothes as Harry, Ron, and Hermione.  Halfway through the evening we decided it would be more fun to go in dress robes--and so the following ensued.  Joining our party are Nearly Headless Nick, Sirius Black, and Dobby the house elf.  Unfortunately you will have to take my word that Dobby is wearing very festive socks (Chanukah-themed, of course!) and some pretty sweet shoes.  Also--I promise "Ron's" dress robes were hideous, despite the lack of any photo documentation.

Another quick note--Harry, Ron, and Hermione's dress robes were designed after the BOOK, not the movie!  That is--I tried to make Harry's fit the "bottle green" theme, Ron's looks atrociously out of style (I will eventually take a picture of the ensemble, and post it!), and Hermione's be blue (not the awful pink thing they made her wear in the movie).  That is why I have not included pictures of Harry, Ron and Hermione from the movie.




No comments:

Post a Comment