Sunday, August 12, 2012

(New) Biking in Heels





So, my birthday presents from my parents last year were a bit delayed.  My dad promised to buy me a bike, my mom promised that we would get matching tattoos.  About 5 months later, on my 6 monthiversary with the boyfriend, I received my awesome vintage bike, and went for a ride with my family and said boyfriend.  I love this thing!  I spent a decent bit of the summer fixing the brakes, but otherwise this thing is just lovely.  Of course, it won't do for any mountain biking, but for fashion, is it the best accessory a girl could wish for.  I am most excited that it will work for any steampunk excursions =)  For instance, although they are not pictured I now have a gold-colored bell and a leather pouch in the back that is perfect for sunglasses, cell phones, keys, etc.

Now, for the outfit...

red-orange corduroy blazer : Goodwill
green tank top with lace and buttons : hand-me-down from Gabby
ripped jeans : childhood momento that my mother has confiscated once again
brown Sketchers heels : Goodwill or something (yes, they are Sketchers--how sporty!)
orange scarf : hand-me-down from my grandmother
multicolored bangles : collected as a child
orange tag necklace : handmade by yours truly, featuring the boyfriend's name and class ring
sunglasses and helmet : hand-me-down from Ima

On a relatively interesting side note, Ima and I went to meet briefly with the tattoo artist yesterday--which also happens to be my 11 monthiversary with Boyfriend.  If I were to call this irony, would that be like if I posted something as my friend on Facebook because she forgot to log out, and called it hacking?

No comments:

Post a Comment